Kathryn McMillan QC and Michael Alexander of Counsel offer practical advice on how to prepare for and appear at Online Interim Hearings and Directions Hearings in the Family Court and the Federal Circuit Court post COVID-19.
Quay 11 Chambers was founded in 1979, and consists of Queen's Counsel
and Junior Counsel practising across all jurisdictions and areas of law.
With diverse areas of practice, our barristers regularly appear in all
Courts and Tribunals.
Our barristers provide expert advice, advocacy and alternative dispute resolution services. To discuss your needs, contact one of our barristers directly or call Chambers on (07) 3236 1958 for assistance in selecting a barrister.
Our barristers also hold various appointments which add to the breadth of their experience, including:
- Adjunct Professor, TC Beirne School of Law.
- Ethics Counsellor, Bar Association of Queensland.
- Co-Editor (and Reporters) of the Queensland Reports.
- Members of the Bar Association of Queensland Family Law Committee and Migration Law Committee.
- Member of the Bar Association Professional Conduct Committee.
- Member (part-time), Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
- Member, Child Death Case Review Panel.
- Member, Domestic and Family Violence Implementation Council.
- Various board memberships and directorships.
A number of past members of Quay 11 Chambers have gone on to accept judicial appointments, including:
- The Honourable Michelle May AM QC, Judge of the Family Court of Australia 1995 to 2017.
- His Honour Judge Kevin Lapthorn of the Federal Circuit Court of Australia (formerly the Federal Magistrates Court) since 2005.
- His Honour Judge Brendan Butler AM SC of the District Court of Queensland since 2008 (and Chief Magistrate from 2008 to 2011).